If you have studied some western astrology and you know your way around a western astrological birth chart, this course could be for you.
Western and Vedic astrology are dialects of the very same language. They are literally twins separated at birth. For this reason they are very directly comparable. Where they do differ they often have a lot to teach each other. Even if you don’t decide to adopt the methods of Jyotish, understanding them can expand and deepen your understanding of astrology in general. It is also a fact that Western and Vedic astrology are coming closer together. There is a growing exchange and discourse between exponents of both approaches which, I believe, will eventually result in the development of a more complete and refined form of astrology in the future. More and more astrologers are recognizing the value of becoming ‘bilingual’.
If this subject intrigues you, I hope you will join us! I look forward to sharing and cultivating this valuable knowledge with you.
All sessions will be 2 hours in duration on Zoom.
Lesson 1: Saturday 9 January 2021, 4:00-6:00pm GMT
- Chart Calculation: Ayanamsha and Sidereal Zodiac, North/South Indian formats
- Planetary Archetypes in Jyotish- similarities and differences compared to Western Astrology
- Planetary Strength according to Sign and House placement
- The Houses: the major groupings of the Houses according to Jyotish, individual House significations
- Planetary Aspects in Jyotish
Lesson 2: Sunday 10 January 2021, 4:00-6:00pm GMT
- Graha Yogas: the most important planetary combinations to look out for
- Raja Yoga Karaka and other notes on the status of Planets for each of the 12 Lagnas
- Bhava Karaka (House Significator)
Lesson 3: Saturday 16 January 2021, 4:00-6:00pm GMT
- Introduction to the 27 Nakshatras or Lunar Mansions: a full lesson focussing exclusively on this important and fascinating dimension of Jyotish
- Keys to the interpretation and use of Nakshatras: Vedic/Hindu deities, classification of Nakshatras, use of Nakshatras in Synastry.
Lesson 4: Sunday 17 January 2021, 4:00-6:00pm GMT
- Suggestions regarding using Western astrological techniques alongside Jyotish
- Putting it together: chart synthesis, identifying major themes.
- Timing Methods: Vimshottari Dasha, Great Years of the Planets, Transits
- Basic rules for gemstones and other remedial measure of Jyotish
Course fee: £70 (GBP)
To Register: Please send an email to email@example.com
Once payment has been confirmed you will receive a link to join the meetings on Zoom.